Torrance Promenade: 1956
This is a 1956 aerial photo of the area within the general boundaries of Hawthorne Blvd/190th St/Prairie Ave/Del Amo Blvd. The camera is facing northwest in this photo.
This photo was taken before the Old Towne Mall (now the Torrance Promenade) and the bridge connecting Prairie Avenue with Madrona Avenue was built. The Old Towne Mall was built in 1972 on the long, rectangular, vacant plot of land running along the middle-left of the photo along Hawthorne Blvd. The Prairie/Madrona bridge was built as a crossing over the railroad tracks running down to the middle-right of the photo.
Other interesting notes:
Questions or Feedback?
Fill out a feedback form or
Recommend this site to a friend.
© 1999-2012 DJH, Inc. All rights reserved.
About this web site.